3.26.2009

Product Review: Kiehl's






Ok I'm back. I know its been a while but I had to take a break and get my mind right on a lot of things. But enough about that, lets talk about products!


It's taken me some time to do this review since I was trying out the products for quite some time. I was referred by a coworker a few months ago to try a hand lotion by Kiehl's. I was skeptical at first but after i borrowed some one day I knew I had to have it. So I went to Nordstrom and got my own. Then I made the mistake (or not so much) in telling the girl at the counter that I had never used Kiehl's products before. She immediately got excited and wanted to give me tons of samples. I must say, I love it when employees stand behind the product they sell and can offer opportunities to try new things. Nothing like brand quality and integrity!
The product I originally went there for was the Ultimate Strength Hand Salve. I can't get enough of this product. I'm not too keen on the scent but it goes away pretty quickly. I love how creamy and thick it is. It coats the hands very well without leaving them too greasy. It lasts a long time. Definitely worth the price.

I also got a sample of the Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado. You can use it every day (in the morning and at night). I'm not 100% sure what it's supposed to do, but I tried it anyway. What I can tell you is that its a non migrating product and safe to use around your eye. None of the components of the product will travel and enter your eye. Its cooling and refreshing. You only need a dab and pat it around the orbital bone of your eye. Its a very generous sample and lasted me more than 2 weeks. The full size product is $24.50 and worth it. I've been wearing quite a bit of eye make up lately and constantly washing my eyes and I noticed they had become very tender and a bit red in the corners. This cream alleviated that. Gets a thumbs up and a must buy from me.
My second sample was the Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate. Yes I'm young and I don't really need it, but its not only for reducing lines and wrinkles. This product also improves complexion and over all texture and tone of your skin. I noticed after only a week that my skin felt really smooth and the tone was evening out (my skin tends to be quite blotchy at times). This was another generous sample and lasted about 2 weeks. The full size serum is quite expensive at $55. I wouldn't advise buying it unless you have tried a sample and really feel that you need it.

No comments: