3.01.2011

Beauty and Brains

"baby girl, what does it  matter where your purse from? Your hair done, your nails did, your ass fat, but you're dumb" -Lupe Fiasco
I often do posts about all things vain and fashion and beauty related, but let me make it very clear that I am a very huge proponent for education and being balanced. What is beauty if you don't have brains to match?

I believe that we often focus too much on what a person is wearing and what they look like but forget about their most important attribute, their brain. Yes I love makeup, yes I love clothes, but I read novels, enjoy watching the history and biography channel and above all else I love learning and challenging myself. I can only hope that my readers and subscribers do the same.

There are a lot of people that believe either you're pretty or you're smart and that there is a direct correlation with your looks and your intelligence level. Let me just say as much as I love to flip my hair and wear makeup I flip the pages of text books and novels #hairflip.



*peace love & couture*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this post.Me gusta MUCHO and I agree with you 100%.

http://estilomode.blogspot.com/