4.04.2011

Lip Tip: Long Lasting Lip Color

I really love applying my makeup first thing in the morning and my face lasting up to 10 hours or more. I don't like to touch my face up unless completely necessary, however, I often times have to touch up my lips. I have noticed over time that when your face is completely done, you can't not have something on your lips! Having some sort of pigment on your lips is just necessary to complete a face.

There are some things that I do to ensure that my lip color will last as long as it can, and I thought I should share them with you.

1. Exfoliate: I exfoliate my lips with a little bit of brown sugar and some olive oil. Just a small mix of the two on a tooth brush and brush it against my lips. This ensures that my lips are smooth and moisturized, making a nice surface to apply my lip color. I do this once a month or more frequently if I'm experiencing a dry season.

2. Moisturize: I don't put anything on my lips without using Burts Bees Wax lip balm first. Its the only lip conditioner I have used since the 10th grade and I have tried other things, but this is just my personal favorite. I recently started using the honey lip balm by Burts since it doesn't have the cooling menthol scent or taste and I like it just as much. But nothing other than Burts on my lips!

3. Stain: When I want a color to last a long time I stain my lips with a lip pencil prior to apply a lipstick or gloss. Instead of only lining my lip with the pencil, I will color in the entire lip. The pencil acts as a lip stain and I can then layer with a lipstick or gloss. When the lipstick or gloss starts to wear off there is still pigment on my lips and not just bare.

4. Set: You can set your lipsticks with a translucent powder. Either directly lightly brush the powder over your lips, or you can take a piece of toilet paper and use as a barrier and lightly brush the powder over top. the porous paper allows some of the powder to penetrate and hit your lips.


I hope these tips were helpful. I would love for you to share any tips and tricks that you have learned along the way.


*peace love & couture*

No comments: