5.04.2011

Are You Addicted to Lip Balm?

Hi...My name is Candice and I'm addicted to lip balm. Do you know someone that is addicted to lip balm? Did you know it may not be in their head but in the product?

The scientists behind the new book Can You Get Hooked on Lipbalm? who blog at http://www.thebeautybrains.com/ have used their insider knowledge to investigate beauty myths.

Here is how lipbalm hooks you:

Applying it regularly confuses healthy cells into thinking that dry lips are sufficiently moisturized, causing a drop in new-cell production. Balms with the greatest potential for "addiction" contain high levels of pretrolatum or beeswax, which are the most efficient at keeping skin moist.

I guess this makes sense. I've been using  Burt's Beeswax lipbalm since the 10th grade. I honestly can't use anything else, however, when I don't use it my lips just feel way too dry and I panick and reach for my lipbalm. I guess I need to find something new to nourish my lips.

What do you use to keep your lips smooth. Have you experienced the same things I have? Let me know!

*peace love & couture*

No comments: