6.07.2011

The Woman Who Cried Slut!


We've all heard of the story about the little boy that cried wolf. Ever heard of the woman that cried slut?!? Well apparently Karrine Steffans better known as "Superhead" is now claiming that she fabricated her memoir about being a video hoe and gallivanting from penis to penis in the industry. Read the full article here on Necole Bitchie.

Now why on earth would a woman want to paint a picture that she is anything less than a pious woman? That is really beyond me. We are so quick to label women in a negative light, and the worst label that I can think of (next to a bad mother) is a slut or a whore. I really wonder what her motive was. There isn't enough money on the planet that would convince or cajole me into writing books and selling a lie that I'm a hoe. I for one cannot say that I have read either of her books. Some say they are good, however I read novels and self help books, not the memoirs of hoes or hoe manuals. Sorry, I just can't relate.

Read more after the jump...

She claims that she wants to be anonymous from now on. However if that were the case she could have simply stopped writing lies and stop trying to make a dollar. Just bow out gracefully and disappear. She goes on to say that she doesn't want to be 47 and not be able to get a job...yet I'm curious what she's going to be able to do at this point since her "career" is based on flipping and selling her ass. And the fact that she filmed a video in her underwear to say that she wants to go away...ummm ok I'm not buying it...at all.

I'm honestly just really bothered and disturbed because women like this are a problem to me. To lie and be deceitful and to paint this image of false empowerment. Promiscuity is nothing to be proud of, and its images like these are detrimental to young girls. There is power in being a woman, but when in the wrong hands (someone that has poor self esteem) it goes all wrong. So now all she can do in life is write more fabricated stories about being a hoe (what else does she have as a reference) and make money that way. However how many books can you write about being a hoe?


*peace love & couture*

No comments: