5.16.2012

REVIEW: Glossybox US


photo credit: Shop Posh Boutique

I finally received my Glossybox which I almost forgot about until I saw some people tweeting about theirs. I've had it for about two weeks and wanted to wait to do a full post and review. So here it goes.

Initial Thoughts:
  • I love the packaging. Very cute and chic. I really felt like I was receiving a present.
  • The box was larger than I expected.
  • I was surprised by the sampe sizes. They didn't appear to be samples but some full size bottles of particular products.
Products in the Box:
  1. O.P.I. Kiss Me On My Tulips
  2. Basq Cucumber Tea Eye Gel
  3. C.O. Bigelow Lavendar & Peppermint Lotion
  4. Cargo EyeBronzer
  5. Erno Lazlo Hollywood Collection
I'm loving the nail polish and that it's a full size bottle, unlike the mini bottles you get from Birchbox. My immediate thought was that it looks exactly like "India Mood For Love" which I already have and obviously love. My bottle is rather old so I will keep this in my stash and not give it away.

The Basq cucumber tea eye gel was quite amazing. I had a rough couple of weeks and the bags and puffiness under my eyes was atrocious. This cooling gel made them feel so much better. The sample was an ample size to allow you time to use it repeatedly and see if it really works.

The C.O. Bigelow lotion smelled divine. It reminds me of something they would use in a spa for an aromatherapy treatment. I don't like the fragrance for every day, however if you want some at home spa feel then this is great.

I wasn't a fan of the Cargo EyeBronzer at all. It felt a little too chalky for my liking and I don't think I would ever use it. Most likely going to give this to someone else and see if it suits them.

The Erno Lazlo skincare products weren't good at all. And the retail price on them was way more than I would ever spend for skincare. I only tried one of the creams and it made my skin feel dry, tight and terrible. so I chose not to even open the rest of them. I don't think the sample sizes were ample enough to try for a period of time and see if you truly like them.

Overall:

Overall I liked the packaging and that some of the samples were full size and not baby sizes, However I wasn't at all impressed per say. I had just cancelled my subscription to Birchbox so I was expecting something quite amazing. I also didn't realize the subscription fee to Glossybox is double that of Birchbox ($20 vs. $10). I'm not intrigued enough to spend double and still run the risk of not being satisfied.

xo
Candice Olivia

FTC Disclosure: I did not purchase this box. It was provided to me by the company for review. All opinions are my own and I have not received any monetary compensation.

No comments: