5.30.2012

Tips For Long Lasting Lips

TIPS FOR LONG LASTING LIPS

If you're anything like me, as much as I enjoy wearing and applying makeup, I only want to do it once. I don't like to touch my face up throughout the day. As much as I don't like doing touch ups, touching up the lips sometimes is inevitable. Over the years I have found some tips and tricks that work for me on keeping my lips lasting a long time.

Exfoliate your lips

Exfoliating your lips not only help to remove dead skin and allow for a smooth application of your lip product of choice, but it allows the product something to stick to.

Use your lip pencil as a lip stain

One of my favorite things to do is to use my lip liner as a lip stain. Once you have exfoliated your lip, line and completely fill it in with the pencil you intend on using. The pencil acts as a lip stain, saturating into your lip, while giving the lipstick or gloss of your choice reinforcement and hours of staying power. This also helps for if/when your lip color does come off, you aren't left with a ring of color around your lip. Your pout is permanently (for the evening) colored.

Set your lips with powder

I often do this on clients if I'm doing a bold matte lip. I take a piece of 2 ply toilet paper and pull the pieces apart. I gently place it over the mouth then dust with a setting powder. The toilet paper acts as a screen allowing a few setting powder particles to penetrate.

Hope these tips were helpful!

xo
Candice Olivia

No comments: