6.23.2009

No More Acrylic!


I've made the ultimate decision to henceforth and forever more fore go getting acrylic tips put on my nails. For years I have been getting my nails done with artificial tips and gel overlays. I used to be a pretty bad nail biter and thought if I had my nails done I can't bite them and I liked the clean look since my nails would often times look nibbled. (I know...not attractive at all) Although I wasn't biting my nails with the acrylic, I had to release my nervous energy somehow. And that led me to picking at my cuticles. (Also not a good look)

I feel like I became a slave to getting my nails done and at times it became pricey. I also didn't like how every time I decided to give my nails a breather the state of my nails was just down right ugly. There were multiple ridges in my nails, my nail beds became very tender and my nails were very weak and brittle. 

I honestly like the way naturally manicured hands look better than acrylic (no offense to anyone who has acrylic or any form of artificial tip on their nails) but I just always thought my nail bed was too small and it didn't look good on me. Well now that I don't bite my nails anymore I see my hands are much nicer than I thought. It will take some time to get my nails and cuticles where they need to be, but I'm really serious about it this time LOL. I don't want ugly hands, and besides, you never know when someone is going to put a ring on your finger! Gotta keep your hands ring ready ladies!

By making changes I'm saving quite a bit of money. Money that can add up to a bill that I have to pay or possibly being able to go out and have fun with my friends; which I have been forgoing lately to save money.  I will no longer pay for: manicures, pedicures, eyebrows. By deciding to these things by myself I will be saving at least $100 per month. That's money I could really use in my pocket right now. 

I don't plan on giving up these things forever. As of right now its mainly to save money. I will treat myself every once in a while and get pampered. Although I'm enjoying taking time out just to pamper myself, we all know sometimes its nice (and worth) having someone else do it for you so you can just sit there and relax. 

No comments: