6.03.2009

Target Haul: Soaps and Lotions

So I went to Target a few weeks ago because I desperately needed new soap and lotion. I had previously purchased a shower gel that I wasn't too fond of but I decided to suck it up and just use it until it was almost gone to not be wasteful.
 
This was the first shower gel that I bought. When I did the initial sniff test in the store I liked it. I got it because I was having a hard time waking up in the morning and thought the whole refreshing scent might wake me  up a bit. So I got home and wanted to immediately get in the shower and try it out. Boy was I surprised... First of all I did feel that it would wake me up because the smell was rather strong was I lathered it up on my body puff, but I didn't really like the smell anymore. The next surprise was its reaction on my skin...of sorts. Let's just say I felt a very cool sensation that I was not ready for. I initially thought I may be having and immediate allergic reaction. I pick up the bottle to read (which I should have done thoroughly in the store) to find that there was mint and eucalyptus in it, hence the cooling sensation I was feeling. If you're into that fine...but I wasn't expecting that, nor did I want that out of a shower gel. 

A couple weeks ago when I went back I decided I couldn't take it anymore and I need to find a new one. Although I decided to stick with Dove ( I only use Dove or Oil of Olay on my skin) I made sure I read carefully this time. I picked up the BASIC Dove shower gel (can't go wrong right?) and I also got a different scent from the Dover go fresh line. 



Of course I couldn't go wrong with the basic shower gel. But my LOVE is the nectarine and white ginger scent of the dove go fresh bar. Although it boasts 1/4 hydrating lotion, I found the shower gel more moisturizing than the beauty bar. But the same scent does come in a shower gel. I will have to get that next. The smell is so strong and just lovely. I can't get enough of it. 


I also got a new lotion. Its good for everyday use and I like the smell. Its light yet refreshing. And anyone who knows me knows that I am absolutely obsessed with shea butter. I've used products from Cantu for my hair so its a scent I'm familiar with and like very much. If you have extra dry areas I would suggest using something else for those areas. For example feet and elbows, but for general use I would say it works very well. Light scent and not greasy. 

No comments: