8.25.2009

Foundation Foundation Foundation!

Ok I'm really back now on my blogging grind. And I have quite a few things to talk about. My journey away from MAC products has led me toward so many other things. Things I couldn't even imagine I'd love so much. Ok, who am I kidding. I'm a product junkie so I knew I would love other brands.

With that being said I think I have completely demolished my hope of completing a full cycle of project 10 pan. Maybe I will try it again after I get all the things I feel I really need. Maybe not, who knows! I was doing pretty well until I ran out of my StudioStick Foundation from MAC and I gave my bronzer away. I felt what's a girl to do?!? So I did what any make up wearing woman does... I GOT SOME!

I tried
  • Make Up Forever (MUFE) HD foundation
  • Stila Iluminating Foundation
  • MAC Mineralize Satin Finish


MUFE:

I liked it. I thought the coverage was great. Really gave me even coverage. However after setting it with powder it looked just a little too matte for me. I think I would use it for photo shoots but not every day. Also I'm in between colors so I would have to buy two and mix. Not the end of the world but not the most cost efficient thing when each bottle is $40+.

STILA:

Love Love Love this foundation. My color is 80 watts. I was wondering how the coverage was goign to be and how it was going to set because it seemed a little watery to me. But it sets so well. Lasts all day with a good primer underneath. This is my every day foundation now. With bronzer and some fix spray I still can get that dewey look that I love oh so much.

MAC:

When I first tried the foundation on in the store I wasn't too thrilled. I wasn't feeling the setting powder or the MSF bronzer she put on me afterwards. I felt like a lil glitter discoball. Not my cup of tea. But when I got home and tried it myself and just used my DuWop bronzer I LOVE IT! A little heavier coverage than the Stila foundation but I still love it. This is more of my evening foundation or something I will use with heavy eye make up. Wouldn't use it for every day, but its definitely a foundation that will stay in my collection.

No comments: