10.25.2010

Lost Art of Letter Writing

picture courtesy of Moxie
We blog, we text, we tweet, we email, and we post on facebook. We send evites and facebook invitations. When is the last time you got a card in the mail? When is the last time (other than for a wedding) that you received an invitation in the mail.

I really think there is something to be said about taking time out and putting your thoughts or expressions of gratitude on paper. Whether neat or messy, there is something comforting to me about seeing someones handwriting and knowing their essence is in the letter.

To add a couture element to writing a letter, I think all ladies (and gents for that matter) should have stationery. Add some personality to your notes. You can even design your own stationery to have your name on it or a logo that you have created yourself. As much as I love to write notes and letters on my own stationery, I really appreciate opening couture little notes with custom prints and colors that remind me of my friends. More than anything, when someone takes the time to write me a note I want to write one back. Let's all start writing letters again!

To create your own stationery here at Zazzle or at Vista Print. They have a vast array of designs that you can customize and order in bulk. Another great site is the Seattle, WA based company Moxie.

Happy writing!

picture courtesy of Elum

No comments: