12.28.2015

My Favorite Purchases From 2015

As 2015 comes to a close, I was thinking that in 2016 I will start doing more favorites lists. I can't promise that they will be monthly, but I can promise I will make more of an effort to share details about the products that I love.

As I have already missed out on consistently doing lists for 2015, I have decided to do a year end wrap up of all the things that I purchased in 2015 that I'm absolutely in love with. In no particular order, here is the list.


1. Glamcor Lights
Now while these lights aren't the end all be all of lights, and I already have my eye on another system, they were still a very important purchase that I made this year. It has completely changed my appointments as well as my before and after photos of clients. Not to mention the lighting for my selfies, as well as when I'm on Periscope.

2. LuMee Case
I know I said the list was in no particular order, but had I ordered the list, this purchase would have been number 1! As someone who is the queen of selfies a la Kim Kardashian, it was only right that I purchased the same phone case that she has to illuminate her pics. The case even ended up on Oprah's Favorite Things List (after I had already purchased it and didn't get the discount code *eye roll*) The case has been life changing to my selfies when I'm not at home and away from my lighting system. Who doesn't want to glow in the dark? Literally... You can purchase one here.

3. Ardell Double Up #206 Lashes
I'm newly obsessed with lashes. This only coming after it taking me FOREVER to get comfortable with applying lashes to myself. And now that I have it down to a science, I'm unstoppable. I picked these lashes up for fun, and was hesitant to even wear them thinking that the thicker than usual band would be irritating. However, I was surprised at how beautiful (and comfortable) they are and quickly became some of my favorites.

4. Becca Skin Perfector Poured 
Another purchase that I made where I never intended to get it. I had intended on getting the pressed powder formula, and the associate accidentally handed me the poured (cream) formula instead. Initially upset, I decided to get over it and just try it. And honestly, it's my go to highlighter right now. With me having dry skin, the cream formula actually works better for me, especially during these winter months to have some glow and not look chalky.



5. MUFE Plexi-Glosses
These were a purchase I made while at The Makeup Show pop up in NYC. They're so opaque and pigmented, not too sticky, and not to mention they were 50% off! I couldn't pass up the deal and I'm so glad I purchased them to add to both my kit and my personal stash.

6. Jimmy Choo Abel Pump
I had my eye on these shoes for quite some time, but couldn't bring myself to spend full price on them, even though it was feasible. After waiting for months, I ran across them on The Outnet, and they were 60% off! Look at God. They are so comfortable, I can pound the pavement or dance the night away, and I chose a color that is fun and can carry me through many seasons. Great investment shoe.

7. NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
Currently my go to foundation. I had this foundation in my kit previously for clients, but had not purchased one for myself.  I love the coverage, whether  I want to build it up or sheer it out.

8. Inglot Gel Liner #77
I had heard so many great things about this gel liner for many years, but just never purchased it. So while at The Makeup Show pop up, I finally purchased it. And baaaaaaby I'm glad that I did. It's so creamy and super duper black. I'm now mad that I only purchased one.

9. Biosilk Silk Therapy
This serum has made such a difference in my hair. Not only does it smell amazing, but it adds amazing shine. Whether I use it before blow drying, or a week after getting my hair done just to create some curls, this product is amazing. I have recently colored my hair, and I'm newly "natural" so finding products is like a new journey for me. This product will be a staple from now on.

10. Viseart Matte 01 Palette
This palette has quickly become my holy grail of shadows not only for myself, but for my kit. The shadows are highly pigmented and there are so many natural clean beauty looks that can be created. For the shadows to be matte, they blend like a dream (which can be difficult normally). This is a palette I will definitely hit pan on at some point.

No comments: