7.04.2009

Product Review: Pure Ice Nail Polish


I was in Wal-Mart with my mom looking for something very specific but didn't find it. But hey when you're in Wal-Mart can you actually leave the store without buying something? If you can please let me know how you do it. 

My mom and I ended up in the beauty aisles of course. I wanted some new nail polish colors and she was going to buy them for me. So I didn't want her to have to dig too deep in her wallet because she had just splurged on a wonderful dinner for me and drinks. I saw the Pure ICE colors and a few of the colors I wanted to try. I ended up getting a stark white color (superstar) and a coral color (twinkle). I swatched both of them on my nail and said "you're coming home with me." And they were only $2 a piece. So that excited me. 

Of course I couldn't wait until I got home to give myself a mani and pedi. But it went downhill from there. I used the stark white color. I've seen my hair stylist with stark white nails and I thought it was so cute. I  had been wearing a really dark purple, almost black all week so I thought this would be a nice contrast. 

Dislikes
  • Too thick. 
  • Don't like the way it comes out the bottle. 
  • Really have to use 2 coats. 
  • Have to apply it really thick on the first coat so you don't get a streaky or chunky application
Likes 
  • Price
  • Assortment of colors
I'm not saying that I would never buy them again. But I've learned things that I would do differently for the next application. I guess you get what you pay for. Clearly not like the $7-$10 polishes that I'm used to. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love nail polish. I tagged you with the Honest Scrap Tag! Please do it =D

Unknown said...

I'm starting to love polish too. Consider the tag done! =)