9.09.2010

No Discount for JCrew Employees on Alexa Chung for Madewell

photo source: WSJ


In fashion news, Madewell has debuted itsexclusive new collection designed by the British style icon Alexa Chung.





To add to its exclusivity, J.Crew has decided that its employees will not be able to partake in their generous employee discount on the new Alexa Chung line. I am told that this is because they want to see how well the line will do and will hope that it will bolster sales even from employees.





As a former J.Crew employee and someone who absolutely adores both J. Crew and Madewell clothing, I don't think its that big of a deal. However, I think it would have made more of an impact if proceeds were going to charity, which they aren't. So why go out of their way to say J.Crew employees can't use their discount? I'm actually not too keen on any of the pieces. They don't fit in with my own aesthetic. So I guess if I was still working there this new exception wouldn't bother me.





Oh well! Just thought I would share.

No comments: