1.31.2011

How Young Is Too Young for For Makeup?

QUESTION OF THE DAY
How young is too young to wear makeup?





Sam Fine
 At what age is it appropriate to start wearing foundation and other makeup products? According to beauty expert Sam Fine 14 is the perfect age for young girls to start experimenting with makeup. While he is not a proponent for young teens to have a dark smokey eye or wear heavy foundations and bold lipsticks, there are a few things that he says young girls should do.

Young girls (around age 14) should start:
  • grooming brows
  • proper skin care
  • start the using a light application of a pressed powder
  • lip gloss
  • a little mascara

"If a girl is using deodorant, tampons and wearing a bra, they can begin to groom their brows, wear lip gloss and a thin coat of mascara and powder" -Sam Fine


I do remember growing up that a large number of my friends started wearing makeup between the ages of 13 and 15. Apparently it was a really big deal to them. I personally didn't start wearing tons of makeup until college. I was a tomboy growing up and makeup just wasn't my thing, however I was always concerned with having clear skin and wanted clean brows. So I guess according to Sam Fine I was right on track. Despite the fact that I was a late bloomer in the world of makeup, my mother tells me a story of a time when I was 2 years old. She said I accompanied her to a party and I took it upon myself to go through a woman's purse and I found some red lipstick. At the age of 2, she said I put the lipstick on perfectly without a smudge and without a mirror. My mother said she knew from that point on I was going to be addicted to makeup at some point in my life. It took 20 years...but it happened.


When did you start wearing makeup? How much did you wear?


*peace love & couture*

No comments: