6.25.2012

Hollywood Exes: What's The Point?


When I saw that there was going to be yet another reality show based on women I wasn't surprised, however I was somewhat taken aback when I saw the title was "Hollywood Exes". To be quite honest majority of the current reality shows involve women that are exes which we often joke about. This time however, I was more annoyed than ever and felt that this is going too far.

The cast of Hollywood Exes involves Nicole Murphy, Sheree Fletcher, Jessica Canseco, Mayte Garcia and Andrea Kelly, ex-wives of Eddie Murphy, Will Smith, Jose Canseco, Prince and R. Kelly respectively. I can honestly say that I'm disappointed that Nicole Murphy is partaking in this show. She doesn't need the attention at all. We all know exactly who she is and we have since the early 90's. She has moved on and is now engaged to former NFL player Michael Strahan. It's just in poor taste to have moved onto a healthy loving relationship and to be a part of a show that focuses on your past.

While Sheree Fletcher is gorgeous, I really don't care what she's doing. You have an amazing relationship with Will Smith and his wife Jada. Potentially no drama in your life. Maybe they have her on there just to show it can be an amicable breakup and a seamless blended family.

You can tell me that it's about the future and moving on, but if that were the title of the show wouldn't be focused on the past. I really don't care what they're doing right now, and I don't know why they want us to. I highly doubt that I will even give this show a chance when it airs on VH1.

xo
Candice Olivia

No comments: