7.20.2015

Pass on the Pretty


This past weekend I was working a beauty show and having a conversation with one of my close friends and makeup mentors. We were speaking candidly, as we always do, and I was talking about how pretty a woman was and how her body was amazing.

My friend cut me off mid sentence "I'm sorry, I just have to ask this....are you queer?!?" Unfazed by her comment I told her 'No, I just think women are pretty, and I'm not afraid to acknowledge it when they are", to which she immediately agreed and we collectively started ranting. We went on to Periscope about it (yes I'm on there now thanks to her and we will see how this goes) and opened the conversation to other women.



We as human beings are visually stimulated creatures. I like/love/enjoy things that are aesthetically pleasing. Hell, I work in a business where I am constantly surrounded by beautiful images, human and otherwise all the time. It's my JOB to make people pretty. Why would I not acknowledge that?!?

I'm really not sure what women are afraid of when it comes to complimenting other women. I'm not talking about telling your best friend that she looks nice in a particular dress. I'm talking about walking up to a total stranger that you were probably staring at for the past 10 minutes anyway, and tell them "girl you are absolutely stunning" or "that dress looks AMAZING on you and that's your color" or even "girl your hair is LAID". All of the aforementioned affirmations can be said to a complete and total stranger. You don't have to know someone personally to compliment them.

I'm going to give you your 10's and roses while you're living. You don't know if that person needed that. Just let another woman know I see you, I see the effort you put in to be polished and on point, and it is not going unnoticed. These are just my thoughts and I thought I would share them with you. People are pretty. Tell them. Pass it on. I won't kill you.

No comments: