8.05.2015

Books on My Shelf!

I've been reading a lot of books lately and thought I would share below what's currently on my shelf. I was on the cusp of 30 at the time ( I will soon be 31) and I knew I needed to focus and hone in on my own happiness and success. I was going to a lot of conferences and coming in contact with a lot of successful and transformative people, and if they had a book and I felt their story was authentic...I bought it and read it.

While I know this isn't beauty and makeup based, these are still great reads if  you're looking to grow spiritually, personally and professionally. I'm more than makeup folks!  Smart people learn from their mistakes. Wise people learn from the mistakes of others.

See what I'm reading below!



Title: How Successful People Think
Author:  John C. Maxwell


"Good thinkers are always in demand. A person who knows how may always have a job, but the person who knows why will always be his boss"

This book was a gift from my boss during a strategic planning session that we had. I love that she continues to feed our minds and shares things that she learns along the way! This is a great book if you're trying to focus in on being a better employee and/or boss. Change your thinking and change your life!


Title: Your Business is His Business
Author: Valerie Daniels Carter



While at the 2014 Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Summit I had the opportunity to hear Valerie Daniels-Carter speak about her story and it really moved me. Her faith and perseverance are like none other, so when she mentioned that she wrote a book about it, I knew I had to immediately leave the room and purchase a copy. 

The book is all about faith and favor, and how she excelled in a very tough business all while keeping her heart and her business centered on God. This easy read is full of biblical inspiration, as well as an amazing story about faith over fear! 

Title: Expect To Win
Author. Carla A. Harris


"Every failure informs you your next success" 

Carla Harris is a wall street powerhouse, so it's only right to want to read her story on how she rose to the top and thrived in a dominantly white male industry. I just started reading it and will get back to you! 

Title: Instinct
Author: T.D. Jakes



I had the opportunity to not only hear T.D. Jakes speak but meet him briefly and get him to sign my book while at the 2014 Black Enterprise Entrepreneur's Conference. Aside from being a spiritual leader, his business acumen is like no other. This book is really about releasing your fears, following your gut and it all leading to your destiny. 


What are you currently reading? I would love to know. Comment below and leave some titles! 

No comments: