2.17.2016

Dear Black Girl: Your Black Can Crack

As women of color we love saying "YASSSSS HONEY. BLACK DON'T CRACK" but I'm here to tell you something. It will crack. It will shatter. It can be destroyed like any other organ, but only if you let it.

Previously mentioned in my Skincare 101 post, skin is the ONLY organ that can get better over time, however only if you take care of it. With as little as 5-10 minutes a day, you can restore your skin to optimal health, and in many cases make it better than ever.





At 31 years of age, most people will tell me I still look 18, but I can see a significant difference in my skin, and let me tell you, its not that of an 18 year old, but I'm getting there. There are just certain things that your skin starts to lose as early as your mid twenties. By your mid twenties you're losing your glow. And by your mid thirties your collagen production is gone.

Any skincare professional will tell you that COLLAGEN IS KING. If your skin never stopped producing collagen you would never get a scar, a wrinkle and it would look as smooth as when you were a little girl. So if you aren't taking care of your skin, naturally before you even hit 40 years old you're potentially dry and wrinkly. No ma'am, not I said the cat.

If you don't already I highly encourage you to get a skincare regimen. As a reminder, here are The 5 Essentials Steps for and Optimal Skincare Routine.

Exfoliators, Toners, Eye Creams and Serums are what I'm currently focusing on, and I can tell you, they have made such a drastic difference in my skin. Not just using these products, but using them DAILY makes all the difference in the world. I can't stop looking at how much my skin has changed in a matter of weeks, and how great it looks without a drop of makeup.

I am lazy by nature, but going through all of the steps and really completing each step of the skincare routine has made a HUGE difference in my skin. My skin has been more clear, supple to the touch, smooth as a baby's bottom, less puffiness around the eyes, as well as a reduction in dark under eye circles.

If you are completely unsure and lost, and think that something may be going wrong with your skin, please seek the professional help of a dermatologist.

No comments: